Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome

And it seems I am late in welcoming everyone to the best writing seminar that Princeton has to offer. Well here it is: congratulations on signing up to WRI167, a writing seminar unique in several ways, one of which is that you'll actually be able to tell your jealous friends that you actually enjoyed your writing seminar. Though I have not been at Princeton much longer than you all have, I can safely say that this is a class that will remain among my favorites (even despite the fact that it met at 8:30 every time - I hope you all aren't currently going through that).

This class has much to offer, and immerses you in a topic that is extremely engaging, very informative, and highly relevant. I'm sure you all know this already, of course - but I would like to add that whatever effort is invested in this class will be well worth it. It can be time consuming at times, but taking full advantage of the quality of the class' topic, discussion, and professor will not be time wasted.

Have fun! Wishing you the best!
Alex

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Alex,

I logged on to check the first posts so that I could offer feedback during class this afternoon. (Yes, that's correct, this afternoon, 1:30 pm to be precise. I finally broke down and changed the class time. I guess there was some degree of sympathy on my part as I watched you and your tired classmates struggle to wake up!)

Your post was certainly not late and very much appreciated. Please feel free to respond to any posts that interest you, now or at any time during the semester.

To the current group of students I can only say that I challenge you to submit posts that are as interesting, as well-structured, and as well-argued as Alex did last year.